Sunday 23 September 2012

Module 1- Activity 4 - Behaviourism

The most powerful lessons that I learnt about learner behaviour during this activity:

  • learning is built upon previously learned behaviours
  • positive reinforcement of the desired behaviour generally produces the same behaviour
  • promt feedback is critical to learning
  • My learners performed better when they were given positive reinforcement
  • Lots of drills helped in their retention
I was forcibly reminded that corporal punishment encourages violence in the society. 

I observed that lots of my colleagues discussed using cooperative learning in the classroom.  I am still trying to effectively use this type of learning with the students that I teach - Kindergarten, Grade 1 and older students facing literacy challenges.  Any suggestions?



No comments:

Post a Comment