Wednesday 3 October 2012

Module 1 - Activity 5: Developmental psychology




After the activity:
What I have learnt about caring for learners during this activity: 
  • Each learner is different and therefore has different needs, abilities, talents.
  • As an educator I need to understand how my learners are different and create an inclusive classroom.  
  • I should also be aware of issues they face as they develop and be able to give the necessary support that they need.   
  • Knowing how learners grow and develop, what barriers and challenges they face assist me as an educator to create an effective learning experience because I would be able to predict the interest of different learners according to their age. 
  • The quality of the home environment plays a great role in student competence
  • Children are naturally resilient
Thoughts from self-activities
I am a woman who is passionate about assisting students in developing literacy skills. I enjoy learning new skills and strategies through professional development and applying what I learn in the classroom.  Various factors/experiences contribute to my developmental process and I am forever developing/changing.

Other comments
From the group discussion I have noticed that colleagues listed some steps taken to better inform the parent community about helping children overcome difficulties.  These include:

  • One on one conference with parent or parent and child
  • Telephone or mail contact
  • Having parent workshops/seminars
  • Distributing brochures
  • And having information through the media – tv or webpage
 


No comments:

Post a Comment