Monday 17 September 2012

Module 1 - Activity 2 - Information Processing Approaches



(Optional) – Thoughts from self-activities


When the material is linked to something of interest it is easily retrieved from the LTM.  From the activity with the coin, I was not able to draw everything but there were some images that stood out in my mind that I was able to produce.  The second activity did not really make sense to me so I was not able to remember much.  The final activity I was able to make association and so I remembered even hours after I looked at it.


(Optional) – Other comments


If the learner is actively involved in his learning he is more likely to recall and demonstrate an understanding of the topic than the student who is passive.  The active learner is able to connect easily what he knows with the new concepts and is able to make application without much challenge.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rosemarie, I felt the same way with the activities. When activities are meaningful and are part of your experience you tend to make associations readily and complete them successfully. That is why we must make learning tasks meaningful and authentic.

    ReplyDelete